Usernames and Passwords
- All departmental members possess a DIDE username (for computer logon and file & print access etc) and an Imperial College username (typically used only for e-mail access).
- Your College username will be automatically generated when your details are entered into the HR database. You will be given a CID number (your unique ID within the College), and you will need this number to activate your username, which you must do on the Activation webpage.
- Once your College username has been generated, you will be given your DIDE username from a member of DIDE IT. It will be created using the same username you are given for your College username.
- If you need to change your DIDE password, simply press Ctrl & Alt & Del on a machine on the DIDE network and choose Change Password. You will need to type in your existing password and a new password twice.
- If you need to change your College password, you can do this using the method above on a machine on the IC network (e.g. in the library, MSc room, or another campus), but it is quicker to do it online.
- If you have forgotten your DIDE password, please contact a member of DIDE IT to have it reset. The following people are also able to reset your password for you:
- If you have forgotten your College password, you can reset it here or by contacting ICT Service Desk.
You can read about choosing a strong password here.