Innovative teaching methods
Cutting Edge Curriculum
You will benefit from cutting edge research as this feeds directly into the teaching.
Your tutors talk from their own knowledge and experience of international research and practice and guide you in selecting your own projects you carry out on the programme.
In this way students contribute to the development of ideas and new research in the field of Child Health.
We value high excellence in both teaching and research and use a variety of methods to ensure you receive a well rounded and effective learning experience.
- Conventional lectures
- Tutorials – face to face and on-line
- Group exercises
- Practical training in diagnosis and management
- Clinical workshops
- E-learning activities
- Virtual patients
Flexible, blended learning: learning anytime, anywhere
The e-learning activities in each module include:
- Introductory videos – with the course leader/tutor outlining key aims and the learning outcomes.
- Audio podcasts and conversations – tutors presenting learning materials as downloadable MP3s
- Animations – a short Flash movie demonstrating the dynamics of immunological interactions
- Glossaries and FAQs – essential terminologies and definitions with FAQs explaining common problematical areas
- Chat rooms – where you can discuss and problem solve with your colleagues
- Self assessments – MCQs to help you to assess the knowledge you have gained
- Synchronous and asynchronous forums – where you can interact with your colleagues and tutors
At all times you will have access to a personal tutor or module leader should you require assistance with your learning programme.