Coursework and Examination
Students will be required to complete and submit the following pieces of coursework:
- Module 1: Case Presentation (group project)
- Module 2: Patient Profile
- Module 3: Infectious Diseases Essay
- Module 4: Research Proposal
- Module 5: Innovation or Improvement Report/Business Case/Leadership Style Essay
Module 6: Coursework as requried by options modules
- Each module has a 1 hour SAQ style examination associated with it.
- Examinations for Modules 1, 2 and 3 will be held together at the end of the third module.
- Examinations for Modules 4 and 5 will be held together at the end of the fifth module.
- No examinations will be held for Module 6 (options module).
MSc students will be required to complete and submit their research project/dissertation. Students must submit a final written dissertation and complete a viva voce examination.
Distribution of Marks
PG Cert and PG Dip
- Coursework and Examination marks are weighted equally for the PG Cert and PG Dip. Each contributes 50% to the module mark and overall award mark.
- Coursework: 30% of overall MSc mark
- Examination: 30% of overall MSc mark
- Dissertation: 40% of overall MSc mark (35% written dissertation, 5% viva voce)