Dr Glenn Arnold
Dr Glenn Arnold MBChB, FANZCA
- Dr Glenn Arnold is a Consultant Anaesthetist who provides anaesthesia for adults and children.
- His NHS practice is based at St Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
- He has a special interest in paediatric anaesthesia and the management of major trauma, as well as interests in vascular, upper gastrointestinal, obstetric and orthopaedic anaesthesia.
- He designed, developed and maintains a perioperative clinical indicator quality improvement programme. This provides anaesthetists with continuous feedback about the quality of their anaesthesia from their patients perspective and enables them to improve.
- He is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College as well as being an affiliate of the Centre for Patient Safety and Service Quality. He is also the clinical lead for anaesthetic research and quality improvement at St Mary’s Hospital. He is currently funded by two grants from the National Institute of Health Research.
- His academic work includes:
- Use of industrial design principles to redesign the layout of anaesthetic rooms to improve patient safety and patient flow, while improving ergonomics for staff and reducing waste.
- The potential for xenon anaesthesia to reduce postoperative delirium.
- Development and design of perioperative clinical indicators to drive quality improvement.
- Improving perioperative outcomes for patients.
- He is heavily involved in developing the electronic patient record at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
- He is an educational supervisor and Advanced Paediatric Life Support Instructor.