AHSC Research Committee
- Director of Research, Faculty of Medicine (FoM) and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (ICHNT)
- TBC (Nominated from membership below)
ICHNT Clinical Programme Groups (CPG)
- Medical Director, ICHNT
- CPG1 Nominee
- CPG2 Nominee
- CPG3 Nominee
- CPG4 Nominee
- CPG5 Nominee
- CPG6 Nominee
- CPG7 Nominee
Faculty of Medicine (FoM) Schools, Institutes, Departments
- Head of Department (HoD) for Department of Medicine
- HoD for Institute of Clinical Sciences
- HoD for Institute of Global Health
- HoD for National Heart and Lung Institute
- HoD for School of Public Health
- HoD for Surgery and Cancer
- Faculty of Natural Sciences Research Committee Representative
- Faculty of Engineering Research Committee Representative
Biomedical Research Units (BRUs)
- Cardiovascular BRU Director
- Respiratory BRU Director
NIHR CLAHRC for Northwest London
- Director of Finance (ICHNT)
- Faculty Operating Officer (FoM)
- Head of Research Strategy (FoM)
- Research Strategy Officer (Secretariat)
Terms of Reference
- To formulate and review the AHSC research strategy and targets
- To promote research collaboration across the AHSC, the Faculty of Medicine and across the College.
- To oversee and monitor the allocation of NIHR core funds (e.g. BRC, CLRN) and reports on research progress.
- To oversee, commit and monitor the allocation of other designated research funds including College calls for proposals.
- To identify key governance issues which relate to both NHS Trusts and the Faculty of Medicine, and to promote initiatives for their development through academic and NHS routes and collaborative projects where possible.
- To ensure compliance with the demands of external funding bodies (e.g. EPSRC demand management, audit of BRC, limited submissions to calls for proposals).
- To disseminate research information.
- To formulate strategy for seeking funding support for major research initiatives.
- To receive reports and statistics relating to research and monitor the effectiveness of agreed strategies.
- To establish sub-committees as required and to monitor performance, advise on items for discussion and receive progress reports from directly reporting committees.
- To co-opt members as appropriate.
- To review the Terms of Reference annually.
11 times a year