The table lists some of the projects that have been undertaken by our students:
- The effect of Prazosin, an alpha1-adrenoceptor antagonist, on APP processing and amyloid deposition, in vitro and in vivo.
- Molecular targets of an anti-inflammatory drug in chronic pain.
- A study of the treatment of essential tremor: report on 200 patients
- Study to characterise the nature of the innate immune response in the Parkinsonian brain.
- Investigating the impact of Cdk5 activity in EAE and MS.
- Epigenetic silencing of genes in glial brain tumours
- The pathoanatomical basis for visual hallucinations in Parkinson’s disease.
- Assessing the role of the visual cortex in attentional guidance by the contents of working memory: a tDCS study
- The neural correlates of vestibular spatial working memory
- The effect of polyunsaturated fatty acid derivatives as potential Alzheimer’s disease therapy.
- Task based modulation for number and word processing in the ventral visual stream.
- Microglia, amyloid and glucose metabolism in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s disease: an (R)PK11195-PET, [11C]PIB-PET and [18F]FDG-PET
- Cloning and production of a lentiviral vector encoding sequences that mediate chaperone-mediated autophagy and neuroprotection in models of huntington’s disease
- Effects of Annexin A1 on paracellular permeability of the microvascular endothelium of the blood-brain-barrier.
- D-serine synthesis and metabolism in Alzheimer’s disease brain.