What are the benefits of the Imperial Allergy Programme?
With the knowledge, skills, understanding and contacts you gain through the Allergy programme of your choice, you will be far better placed to achieve your career goals. These might include working in or developing an allergy service within your own practice or applying for a position within an established Allergy Centre.
At Imperial we recognise that the majority of students wishing to study allergy already having demanding lives and careers.
This why we have developed a blended modular programme where the face to face teaching occurs in one block for each module and all other learning is directed via a Virtual Learning Environment accessible from your own computer at work or home. We recognise the importance of conventional lectures, tutorials and workshops, but understand that most of you have limited time available for study away from home. You will be able to interact with your tutors and fellow students on-line from wherever you are in the world!
The Imperial Allergy Programme has two awards – The Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert) in Allergy and the MSc in Allergy:
The PG Cert programme aims to:
- Produce graduates equipped to further careers in healthcare and in particular to enhance the number of individuals trained in the mechanisms and management of allergic diseases.
- Develop understanding of processes involved in improving the management of patients with allergic disease;
- Provide a supportive learning environment;
- Attract highly motivated students, both from within the UK and from the EU and internationally;
- Develop new areas of teaching in response to the advance of scholarship and the needs of vocational training.
In addition the MSc programme aims to:
- Provide a solid foundation for those who intend to go on to study for an MD[Res] or PhD;
- Provide a training in research skills
- Develop skills and understanding of the more complex components of allergic disease encountered in specific areas of practice.
Cutting edge research feeds directly into teaching. You will be taught using the latest thinking and discoveries in the field of allergy.