Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunity: Research Groups
Research is at the very core of the Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunity. Translational research taking ideas from the patient's bedside to the laboratory and then back to the patient is central to our approach.
Departmental interests are in three areas of clinical science:
Specific areas of interest range from tuberculosis through novel approaches in drug discovery to gram positive sepsis and hospital acquired infection. More details on specific research groups are to be found following the links on this page.
Please follow the links below for more information on the departments research areas:
- Gram Positive Molecular Pathogenesis
- Human Disease Immunogenetic Group
- Lung Immunology Group
- Tuberculosis Research Group
- Centre for Infection Prevention and Management
- Fungal Disease Immunobiology
- Healthcare Associated Infection
- Cytokine and Granuloma Research
- Drug Discovery
- International Health Unit